1. According to the composition and health status of fa […]
1. According to the composition and health status of family members. If there are elderly and children, pay special attention to preparing their medicines. There are hypertensive patients, tuberculosis patients, coronary heart disease patients, epilepsy patients, etc., medicines to treat these diseases should be kept available; family medicine cabinets are strictly prohibited from mixing with family members allergic drugs.
2. Choose old drugs with less side effects. The toxic and side effects of old drugs have been fully exposed, and there are clear instructions on the general instructions, which are easy to detect and prevent. Due to the short use time of new drugs, some unexpected reactions may occur, and they are not suitable for family backup.
3. Choose drugs with stable curative effect and simple usage. Try to choose oral drugs, topical drugs, and less or no injection drugs.
4. Choose common and frequently-occurring medications.
Storage essentials of family medicine cabinet
1. Reasonable storage: Drugs often deteriorate and fail due to external conditions such as light, heat, moisture, air, acid, alkali, temperature, and microorganisms. Therefore, it is best to put the medicines stored at home in brown bottles, tighten the caps, and place them in a dark, dry, and cool place to prevent deterioration and failure. Some medicines that are susceptible to temperature, such as placental globulin, rifampicin eye drops, etc., can be stored in the refrigerator; while preparations such as alcohol and iodine should be kept tightly closed.
2. Indicate the expiration date and expiration date: medicines have an expiration date and an expiration date. After the expiration date, they can no longer be used, otherwise it will affect the efficacy and even bring adverse consequences. Bulk medicines should be separated by category and affixed with eye-catching labels, stating the storage date, name of the medicine, usage, dosage, and expiration date. Reserve medicines should be checked regularly every year and replaced in time.
3. Pay attention to changes in appearance: Pay attention to changes in appearance when using stock medicines. Such as tablet looseness, discoloration; sugar coating adhesion or cracking of sugar-coated tablets; capsule adhesion or cracking of capsules; pill adhesion, moldy or moth-eaten; powders severely absorb moisture, agglomerate, and mold; eye drops are discolored or turbid; ointment When the agent has peculiar smell, discoloration, or oil effusion, it can not be used again.
4. Keep it properly: internal medicines and external medicines should be placed separately, so as not to take the wrong one while busy. Medicines should be kept in a safe place to prevent children from taking them by mistake.